The Parish Library of Acquaformosa is composed of the library of the Parish of San Giovanni Battista, personal books of Papàs Vincenzo Matrangolo, purchases and donations of Papàs Vittorio Marchianò, and from the Papàs Giuseppe Ferrari fund bought by Papàs Vincenzo Matrangolo for 50 million lire. The Library is specialized in Calabrology, Albanology, Byzantine musicology, Byzantine theology.
It was moved to new premises in 2006.
There are works of great value:
– The Treccani Encyclopedia with all the updates, – The Treccani Dictionary with the Visual,
– The Encyclopedia of Science, the Encyclopedia of Social Sciences,
– The Literary Space in Ancient Greece, – The Encyclopedia Dantesca,
– The Encyclopedia of Labor – The Modern History of Cambridge,
– Kittel’s Great New Testament Lexicon – The History of the Church of Fliche-Martin,
– The Biblical Commentary of Marietti, – The Magazine “Christian East”.
About 200 volumes of the Sources Chrètiennes Series concerning the Greek Fathers,
– The Writings of the Greek Fathers (in Greek only) in 50 volumes,
– The Dictionnaire of Spirituality – The Regesto Vatican of Calabria,
– A philosophy course in videotapes – A De Agostini Media Encyclopedia,
– A facsimile of a medieval book by Cava dei Tirreni published by the Zecca dello Stato.
And much more books..
For information, consultations and opening hours: firstname.lastname@example.org – (+39) 347 884 6613