The parish church, dedicated to Saint John the Baptist, was built from 1500 to 1526 by refugees from Albania. It was rebuilt between 1936 and 1938. With three naves, almost entirely covered by a wonderful gold mosaic, project of 1989 wanted by the late Papàs Vincenzo Matrangolo. The external facade has in the center the entrance preceded by the protrum above which the rose window gives light to the central nave. It was declared a national monument in 1939.
The arrival of the Albanians in Italy coincides with two serious historical events for Rome Church:
– The schism of the East with the Orthodox Church of Constantinople (sec. XI);
– The Western schism with the German Church (sec. XVI), headed by the Augustinian monk Martin Luther.